Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday Night Review

Crowd was good tonight. We were a little down from our average, but that's kind of been a trend over the last couple of months. I hope it will correct itself soon, but the summer is coming and that usually means a little more down turn. Oh well, I'm going to trust God and like one of my seminary professors said, "Minister to the ones that God brings by His Spirit."

As far as the service itself, I was fairly pleased. For some reason, we keep having some technical difficulties. (Sunday for some reason, a light kept flashing on and off during baptism...I'm glad nobody had epilepsy!!) The tech stuff continued tonight. Computer totally locked up in the middle of worship so I had to go up and restart.

Worship was good but not great. David wasn't there and that takes Joshua out of his comfort zone. I know what that's like and when you have something as heavy as worshipping God in the balance. It's scary to think that you are responsible for a group of people being led to the very throne of God...and when you throw anything out of the ordinary into the mix, it makes it all the scarier. Joshua did a great job though. It just seemed like everybody's mind was somewhere else.

I felt good about the sermon. I have to say that I've NEVER preached from Habakkuk before!! That was pretty interesting. My day had been CRAZY, so I was very pleased that God spoke even over my inabilities. The truth for tonight was that "True Joy is an outward reaction to an inward reality." I like that. I'm so glad that my joy doesn't depend on my surroundings. Sometimes our surroundings are TERRIBLE. Aren't you glad that even when you're in the deepest darkest place, you can still be inwardly joyful. My God is still my God. My Savior is still my Savior. My eternal home is still my eternal home. I wish I could be content with just that...however, most of the time, I want my life to be good too. Oh well, I guess we're all human.

Anyway, I'm posting a video on youtube that we showed at the end of tonight's message. It just illustrates the thought that when our life is bad, we can "Lift our eyes" to God and He will be our supreme encourager. This will be my first time to do that, so we'll see what happens. I'll post a link (or maybe even the video) on here when it gets finished.

1 comment:

KYnurse said...

Nice to have you in blog world little cousin. I can't wait to keep reading.