Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lord, I wanna be just like you...

Phillips, Craig, and Dean released a song a few years back that said:

Lord, I wanna be just like you
Cause he wants to be just like me.
I wanna be a holy example
For his innocent eyes to see
Help me be a living Bible, Lord
That my little boy can read.
Lord, I wanna be just like you
Cause he wants to be like me.


That little song is catchy when you hear it.  It's been in my head for over 14 years now...wow, can it be that long!!!  However, I never realized the truth of that song until recently.

My little boy really does want to be just like his dad.  When I put my hand up on the wall to brush my teeth, he does the same.  When I cross my feet, he does the same.  He wants to sit in my chair.  Even when I don't know it...he's watching me!  I really don't know if I'm up to it.  Can I really be a good enough example of living for God that Jonah can follow my example?  That's a tall order.  I find myself being VERY careful of my behavior, my habits, my thoughts, my tone of voice...EVERYTHING!!

God help me to be an example to my little boy that when he does what his daddy does...he'll be following Jesus!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love watching Jonah WATCH you. He thinks his daddy is the greatest man in the whole world. (I'm with him on that one!)

Anonymous said...

Brother Dan,

I too love this song and though im not a man I want to be that example for Kason also. I love that you have a blog now, its great. Hope to see you soon.

Love,

Angie Eavenson