Thursday, July 17, 2008

OOOOOOOPS!!!!

This week is SMACK week at FBCV. We've been doing our Summer Music Activity Camp for Kids for 5 years now. It's a really great week, but VERY exhausting. Well, I guess the exhaustion got to me this morning.

You see...ever since the very first year of SMACK, we've been singing a song almost every morning to get the kids geared up for a very active day called "Hello, My Name is Joe." Some of you may have played before, but for your information, I have posted a video below that might give you an idea of how active this little song is. (I'm going to try to video it tomorrow and maybe post a video of yours truly doing "Joe.") Watch the video even if you know about "Joe" because it's absolutely adorable.



For those of you that didn't catch the words to that aerobic workout, they're:

Hello, My name is Joe
I got a wife, three kids, and I work in a Button Factory
One day my boss said, "Joe are you busy" I said, "No"
He said, "Good. Work this button with your left hand."

You continue adding body parts to the song until you just can't go anymore!

Ok...here comes the "Oooops." Today I was doing this game with the kids and having a great time. About half-way through, I looked to the back of the Sanctuary at one of our youth that was obviously trying to get my attention. He made a motion that I immediately recognized (and any of you would have, too) to mean "Your zipper's down!"

This has not been a big problem in recent history for me, but apparently I didn't quite get all the way dressed this morning. How EMBARRASSING!! I would have loved to just ignore him, but I thought about what could happen if I didn't go ahead and take care of my problem.

So, right there in front of God, children, youth, and adults, I had to fix my issue. It was unbelievably embarrassing...probably my life's most embarrassing moment to date.

Aren't you glad that we have those moments in our life that remind us that we don't have it all together. THANKFULLY, God loves us anyway. What a good God we have!!!

How about you? Care to share one of your most embarrassing moments?

No comments: