Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's great to be a Daddy...

My little boy is 2 1/2 years old today! (That's 30 months for all of you month counters!!) It's hard to believe that two and a half years ago they put this little bundled up child in my arms and said, "Here you go, Daddy." I never knew a feeling like that!

I'm so glad that God has given me an opportunity to be Daddy to this little boy. I asked Nicki the other day..."When do the 'terrible two's' kick in?" She said I should be very quiet when I ask that question. Well...I don't know anything about the "terrible two's" so I thought we may be already in the thick of it and I was convinced that it wasn't that bad! Honestly, I think our child is an angel from heaven! (Or maybe we're just that good of parents! HA!)

All that to say, I'm so blessed to be this little boy's dad. What a joy to know that God has allowed me to raise this child. God, give me the strength and wisdom to do a job with this responsibility that will make You, my Heavenly Father, proud of me! I want to be a Daddy to Jonah the way God has been a Father to me!

I love you, my little Jonah-Bug!

4 comments:

theglenns556 said...

2 blogs in one month...is this a goal or something?

2.5 years...WOW! What a ride!! I love it!!

"You want to lay down beside me, daddy?" Melts my heart!!!!

Jami Ainsworth said...

Awwh..So sweet!

Anonymous said...

yall are awesome parents and God has sent yall an angel. Diane H

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your quarterly updated blog!